For over a decade I have worked with community groups to protect the quality of life for residents of El Dorado County.
Big developers are now favored over public safety because the Board of Supervisors recently lowered Traffic Impact Mitigation (TIM) fees in El Dorado Hills by cutting safety improvements on critical county roads, such as Green Valley Road. I strongly object to lowering the TIM fees for out-of-county mega developers.
Road maintenance should be a priority for the Board of Supervisors. However, over the last 4 years the Board stopped putting General Fund money into road maintenance, which has caused roads throughout the county to deteriorate.
The Board of Supervisors also initiated the largest borrowing in the history of El Dorado County (some $60 million) without voter approval, which violated the intent of the California Constitution. This borrowing became necessary because of the Board’s inability to control bureaucratic growth and spending.
I graduated from El Dorado High School and California State University, Sacramento, majoring in Management Information Systems. During the 30+ years that I’ve lived in El Dorado County, I have worked locally and raised my family. More information about me and my community work is available at www.VoteParlin.com/accomplishments.
PLEASE HELP ME MAKE ROAD MAINTENANCE A HIGH PRIORITY AND MAKE DEVELOPERS PAY THEIR SHARE. VOTE LORI PARLIN FOR SUPERVISOR.
A few things about Lori:
- Lori is community oriented and devoted to honoring and supporting the unique characteristics of each community as they strive to develop their sense of place and path to economic success.
- Lori prefers economic development to include strong downtowns and tourism, agriculture, and geotourism, including bike trails, train rides, and river activities, not high-density rooftops.
- Lori supports voter-enacted Measure Y, voter-enacted Measure E, and their goal to prevent traffic gridlock in El Dorado County.
- Lori encourages balance in decision making and is ready to make tough decisions when necessary.
- Lori has been and continues to be an advocate for open, trustworthy, and citizen-friendly local government.
- Lori believes in community-driven development that blends with the quality of life of existing neighborhoods.